WE ARE SO EXCITED TO BEGIN OUR 2017-18 DANCE SEASON!
Classes begin Tuesday September 5th
WE know this is a lot of info, but please read to the end to answer any questions, and to see any changes in our studio.
THEME: Our Theme this year and for the recital is #dancelife. Wait till you see all the cute apparel and the fun we will have with this.
•We want to welcome all our new teachers and students to the studio. Feel free to look at the website and read all about the teachers! We also welcome back our old students and teachers!
NEWSLETTERS: Will be emailed out each month. These can also be found online with other studio info @elitedanceslc.com. Please take the time to read through these as important information will be in them.
SIGN UP A FRIEND: Sign a friend up for dance and get a free studio tee-shirt or tank top! **Have them add it to their “notes” when they register or bring them in and tell us!
WAIVER: Please see the waiver at the end of this email. This is the waiver that you sign online when you register. Please make sure you read it to understand our policies.
•ALL dancers, new and old, need to fill out new registration forms yearly. A $25.00 registration fee needs to be included yearly. All Registration is online and a current credit card must be on file. Swift and easy!
YOU MUST HAVE A CURRENT CREDIT CARD ON FILE. Please pay tuition before the 1st of each month. Cards will be run if tuition is not paid by the 5th. If you prefer to pay cash or check, come in before the 5th. Once cards are run, there are no refunds. (September tuition will not be run until the 11th). Cards that decline will have a $10 late fee.
Tuition is based on a 9 month dance year and will not be pro-rated for missed classes. Months with missing classes and months with extra classes will all even out with dress rehearsals and extra practice. Missed classes need to be made up within the missed month. There is no discount for missed classes! You can make up missed classes by participating in another studio dance class that have availability. No refunds will be given for missed classes and tuition will not be pro-rated for missed classes.
• We accept cash, checks and credit cards. All bounced checks go straight to a check company. We do not see these unfortunately and a $25 service fee will automatically be collected by us. You can request automatic payments online also!
Get a 5% discount if you pay with cash!**
• Please join us on social media!! Keep up to date on events and studio info. (@elitedancestudioslc) We will have contests each month with social media. You won’t want to miss the awesome prizes, free tuitions, and MORE!
• CHECK OUT OUR FANTASTIC WEBSITE!!!! www.elitedanceslc.com Please check the website weekly for current information. Monthly newsletters and calendars will be on the website and blog.
• Correspondence will be through e-mail, text, newsletters, reminders, etc. Please check your e-mails often as we send reminders, specific class info, and ALL studio updates! If you are not getting e-mails, talk to Lesley. Newsletters will also be online if you don't receive yours.
• You are more than welcome to call the studio and leave a message if you have questions. We check the messages once a day. If you would like a quicker response, please e-mail email@example.com. We will check our e-mail many times a day. Please do not contact teachers or staff by personal phone calls or emails. Please don't try to talk with teachers while they are teaching. Make an appointment if you need to meet with them.
OFFICE HOURS (located at Groove Dancewear THE NEW STUDIO)-
10:00a.m.-11:15a.m. Tuesday & Wednesday
• Please read over this and make sure you have appropriate dance wear. GROOVE Dancewear (where the studio office is located) carries all your needs! Dancers will be given the first two weeks of September to get their class dance attire together, and then the 3rd week dancers not in proper clothes will need to sit, write a report, and watch class. This includes shoes. Hair must also be pulled back. No wispys and please bobby pin bangs back. Please help our dancers look professional and have class unity with these uniforms.
• Ballet- Pink ballet shoes, black Leo, and pink tights are required. Dancers can wear short ballet skirts over their tights and Leos. No shorts, sweats or other clothing is accepted. Hair in abun.
• Jazz- Dancers need dance pants or bikers. Leotard, studio tank top, or other form fitting tank tops can be worn. All jazz dancers need to wear “Foot Undeez” for shoes which can also be purchased at GROOVE. We will perform in these shoes. Hair pulled back.
• Hip Hop and Cheerleaders – need to wear tennis shoes. Your feet will hurt from jumping without shoes. Shorts and tank tops are fine.
• Tumbling- no baggy clothes. Bare feet! This is for children’s combo also. No tights! Hair pulled back.
• Children's Combo and Kindergarten Class- any color Leo, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, and black tap shoes.
• No food or drink in the studio. You can bring water bottles if it has a tight lid. Please throw away your trash and clean up any mess you make.
• Please do not wear street shoes on the dance floor. Only dancers on the dance floor. Parents watching need to stay to the side and slip your shoes off.
• Please make sure your dancers are to class 5 minutes early and ready to dance. Dancers later than 10 minutes will need to sit and watch class as they have missed an important warm-up and it is disruptive to the class. Please also make sure you pick your dancers up on time. Teachers need to get to other commitments and their own children so please be respectful. Parents will be charged if teacher waits more than 10minutes with a student after class.
• If you need to speak with your teacher, please make arrangements when she is finished teaching for the day. Our studio teachers have been placing dancers together as a group for over 10 years. Please trust them in the placing of your dancer.
• For full classes, we will have waiting lists online if you want to put your name on it. If you drop out of a class, please let your teacher or Lesley know so we can accommodate other dancers and drop you from the online system so you are not charged. It is your responsibility to let us know if you want to drop a class. Once tuition is run, you cannot be refunded if you did not drop an unwanted class. Class must be dropped BEFORE the 1st of each month. If you miss more than 2 weeks without a phone call, we will give your spot away. Please call or email the studio if you will be missing class.
• Those that are interested in private lessons can talk to Lesley or their teacher about scheduling. These are $25.00 per hour for your teacher and $15 studio rental fee.
• Just a reminder as dancers are working hard in large groups, we ask that you make sure you wear deodorant, and wash your dance clothes often.
• The first couple of weeks in dance can be crazy! Large classes, people figuring out where to go, etc. We understand that moms want to watch and make sure you have made the right decision coming to Elite. We ask that after the craziness settles down that parents make a note that the 1st class of every month ONLY we invite parents to observe classes. The rest of the month, please just drop off your dancer. We have very limited space and it can be very distracting. There is NO cell phones, babies,, or small children allowed in the studio during class time. This makes it very distracting for the teacher and students. Please be respectful.
FYI...Beyond just dance steps, we want to help your dancer mature into more independent and confident people. While we understand your curiosity about how your child is doing, it’s better for their growth and sense of autonomy when they can be completely focus on dancing. It is vitally important that students learn how to regulate themselves and to not have to rely on parents to motivate or guide them.
• $150 for children's combo classes -$165 for all other classes. This includes your recital fee, Recital costume, Recitalteeshirt, Recital gift, and 2 FREE recital tickets. Add a recital DVD for only $30 more! We have questions about what the recital fee covers. This covers the rental of the facility, the administration and janitorial fees, stage crew, lighting and sound crew, printed programs, insurance coverage and more. May tuition MUST be paid before codes for your free tickets are received. Additional tickets can be purchased at tututix.com
• We pride ourselves in making sure our dancers look and dance age appropriately. Parents are welcome to come and see costumes before they are ordered. **We also invite you to listen to the music we use and observe the choreography we teach..
• Performing is optional. This is a great opportunity to showcase what you have been working on all year.
FESTIVAL OF TREES
• More info will be passed out soon. A list of classes performing will be emailed out.
• Dates and times to be announced in October Newsletter.
• NEW THIS YEAR! Each time a dancer passes off their monthly Skill and flexibility skill, they will be given a golden ticket to put in the jar. Each month 5 tickets will be drawn and the winners will get a fabulous prize.
PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME ON EVERYTHING! Then we can get it back to you when they are left.
LOST AND FOUND
• Please check this often and it is so hard to take expensive shoes and clothing to the DI. We will do this monthly. Put your name on everything, and we can get it back to you. Remind your girls to carry items in a small bag to keep articles together. Please use the cubbies up front or in the back to put your bags in as we have limited lobby space.
• We follow the Granite School District calendar.
**Check the calendar online for all holiday dates
We know this is a lot of info, but hopefully we answered all your questions. If not, please feel free to call, come by or email us! We will also keep our website updated Weekly! We look forward to a GREAT year!
STUDENT FALL REMINDERS
With the busy season fast approaching we wanted to remind you of a few things….
1-Registration needs to be done online by YOU at home. We of course can help you with suggestions or placements but you need to register and pay your fees online. We cannot do this in the office.
2- You MUST have a current credit card on file or you student will be dropped from their classes. If you pay with cash or check BEFORE the 5th…we won’t run your card. Tuition is due before the 1st of the month but we will give you until the 5th before late fees are added.
If we run your card, you and it declines…you will be charged a $10 late fee and your dancer will be dropped and any student on the waiting list will be enrolled. Please keep your cardcurrent and help us run a dance studio not a collections agency.
3-We understand that people have requests or suggestion on when and how payments are run. Again we are a dance studio providing you with a service that needs to be paid for in a timely matter.
***CASH DEDUCTIONS of 5%-If you choose to pay with cash instead of using a CURRENT CARD….See our discount.
Student Waiver & Release of Liability
I, as parent(s)/legal guardian(s) of the above listed student(s) knowingly assume all injury and risks as relating to any dance/tumbling/aerial silks activity sponsored by Elite Dance Studio. As parent or legal guardian, I consent ot the above listed student(s) to participate in activities, classes, and programs by Elite Dance Studio. Upon enrolling, I agree not to file any claim procedure in connection with any operators, employees, and/or agents of Elite Dance Studio therof from any liability or personal injury occurred by my child while participating in any activities conducted by Elite Dance Studio. All photographs are property of Elite Dance Studio and are used strictly for promotional purposes. If you object to you child's photo being taken, please notify us as soon as possible. Student's supervision is limited to classroom time only. Please discuss with your child proper behavior and the importance of not leaving the building during class. Your child's safety is of the most importance to Elite Dance Studio.
Tuition is based on a 36 week calendar. Classes missed for holidays and such will be made up with extra practices, dress rehearsal and five week months. Full month tuition is required each month, or you can pay $15 per hour. I understand that tuition is due before the 5th of each month. I understand that I can pay by cash/check in the office before this date each month. In the event that I do not pay by cash/check in the office, the credit card on file for my account will be charged the amount of my child's tuition on the 5th. I understand that there is a $25 non-refundable
registration fee upon enrollment. I understand the refunds and deductions are not given for missed
lessons/classes. Make up lessons/classes may be scheduled. I understand other payments such as competition fees, performance fees, costumes and other payments will be paid on the date specified by Elite Dance Studio. In the event that any fees, payments or required dues are not paid on the specified due date, I shall pay all attorney's fees and reasonable court costs of collection. Returned checks are collected by a check collection company.
I agree that it is my responsibility to be aware of when my credit card that I have registered online for The Studio Director expires. A late fee of $10 will be added to my account if I do not provide updated credit card information before the due date, or if I do not notify Elite Dance Studio of a lost or stolen credit card prior to the due date. I understand that it is my responsibility to notify Elite Dance Studio if I want to remove or "drop" my dancer from any classes before the 5th of each month. If I do not notify Elite Dance Studio before this date, tuition will be run and no refund will be given. I understand that if I verify that my dancer will be participating in the recital under the "performing" tab on The Studio Director, that a recital fee will be added to my cart. If I do or do not want my dancer to perform in the end-of-year recital, I understand that I need to notify Elite Dance Studio before November 1st, 2017. If I do not notify them by this date, the fee will be charged to the card on file and no refund will be given.
I have received or will obtain a copy of Elite Dance Studio policies and will take the responsibility to carefully read and follow the rules and policies therein. I understand that Elite Dance Studio does not give credit and/or refunds for class(es) missed due to holiday, vacation, illness, weather, etc. I further understand that there are specific risks of physical or property damages, losses, or injury that may result from my or my child’s participation with Elite Dance Studio, and I voluntarily assume the risks associated with such participation.
I certify that I have read and will abide by the policies as stated in this form and I hereby release Elite
Dance Studio, teachers and/or assistants for any injury, damage and/or loss that may occur throughout
the above listed dance season.
Electronic Signature Agreement. By selecting the "I Accept" checkbox, I am signing this agreement electronically. I agree this electronic signature is the legal equivalent of my manual signature on this agreement.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.